Abstract submission is now open
Please click here to submit your abstract
Abstract submission deadline is extended till 26 January, 2021 (Midnight CET)
Participants interested in making an oral or poster presentation are invited to submit an abstract. All abstracts will undergo review by the Abstract Review Committee, to determine which abstracts may be accepted. To submit your abstract you will first need to register contact details according to the information below on “Writing & submitting your abstract”.
For questions about the submission, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accepted abstracts will be invited for presentation in one of the following formats:
- as an oral presentation in a workshop session
- as a discussed poster in a science at a glance session
- as a discussed poster in the poster exhibition
- as a poster presentation in the poster exhibition
Abstract submission and presentation rules
- All abstracts submitted via the online submission form before the deadline will be forwarded to the Abstract Review Committee for review.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Abstracts submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
Confirmation of receipt & notification of decision
- You will receive email confirmation that your abstract has been received, indicating the abstract number which it has been allocated. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact the Secretariat if you submit an abstract and do not receive confirmation that it has been received.
- Notifications regarding status of your abstract will be sent once the review process is complete.
Presentation at Congress
- Instructions for preparation of oral or poster presentations will be sent together with acceptance notifications.
- The Committee will endeavour to schedule abstracts according to authors’ preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
- For each abstract, an author is expected to attend the congress and make the poster or oral presentation. Presenting authors must register by March 23, 2021.
- Accepted abstracts for which a presenting author is registered and has paid the registration fee by March 23, 2021:
– will be scheduled for presentation and included in the online Congress Scientific Programme.
– will be included in the Congress proceedings in the Society’s journal, Atherosclerosis, in an issue to be published after the Congress.
- Abstracts for which no author has registered to attend Congress by March 23, 2021 will not be included in the Congress Scientific Programme.
Writing & submitting your abstract
Please follow the guidance below when writing and submitting your abstract.
- The abstract should be as informative as possible:
- Aim: state background and specific objective of study
- Methods: shortly describe methods used
- Results: summarize results obtained
- Conclusions: state conclusions reached
- Standard abbreviations may be used.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details:
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
Presentation type – please choose from one of the following:
- Oral presentation
- Poster presentation
- Science at a Glance Presentation (SaaG Poster)
Author and co-authors’ details:
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
Abstract title – Limited to 25 words in Sentence Structure
Abstract text – Limited to 250 words (Please Note: Word count is not affected when graphs/tables/images are added).
Abstract topic – Abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the Scientific Program. Please choose from the list of topics.
- Prepare all images in JPG format before starting the process.
- If you wish to add more than one image/table/graphics, you must prepare a single JPG file and this should not exceed 200 Kbytes.
- The Organizing Secretariat will check all images and can decide to change their dimensions or reject them according to the publisher.
Declaration of Consent to Publication and Assignation of Copyright
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. congress website, programmes, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content (“Content”) provided to EAS 2021 and Kenes International (Hereafter: “The Organisers”). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants the Organisers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
- The Organisers reserve the right to remove from any publication an
abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
EAS embargo policy
The findings described in an abstract submitted for presentation must contain some new data. The abstract, in its entirety, may not have been published, presented elsewhere, or otherwise publicly discussed prior to their presentation at the EAS Congress.
Please click here to submit your abstract
For any further information, please contact: email@example.com